Friday, June 7, 2013

[General] Backing up Game Progress Tutorial? No Root?


Backing up Game Progress Tutorial? No Root?



Hi everyone. I just upgraded to the new Galaxy S4. My previous phone was the Motorola Droid Bionic. I was able to figure out how to transfer everything from my old phone (ringtones, pics, videos, text messages, ect.) however I am not having any luck so far on getting my progress in the games I played transferred over to the new phone. I already have the game apps downloaded to the new phone but when you run them its like starting the game from day 1. A couple of the games I played all the time had around 2 years of progress on them. So far any google searching and reading thru forums the only processes I've found for transferring your game data over requires both phones to be rooted and then to use programs such as Titanium Backup to do the transfer. It seems like I should be able to plug my old phone up to my computer and using Windows Explorer dig down into the game files and save the data then repeat that with the new phone and copy the old data to the same location. But from the reading I have done those folders on the phones that have that data aren't accessible unless the phone is rooted.

My question is are there any ways to get that game data (progress) transferred from my old phone to my new one WITHOUT having to root the phones. First I don't know much about rooting, second I know it voids your warranty so I would prefer not to have to do that. I also don't want to lose all of that progress in those games either. Any help on this would greatly be appreciated.

My second question. If there is no other way to get my game data transferred (except for rooting) then I guess I will just accept the loss of the game data HOWEVER, is there anyway I could set up the new phone game apps so that when I upgrade again in the future I won't lose that game data? For example some type of setup where it saves the game app and the data associated with it on the microSD card which can be put into the next phone and pick up where I left off? I don't know if that example is possible but I wanted to ask that so that from now on I wouldn't lose game data from this point forward.

Thanks!



.

forum.xda-developers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...