Wednesday, June 19, 2013

[android help] How to develop an android accessory?


How to develop an android accessory?


hardware - How to develop an android accessory? - Stack Overflow







Tell me more ×

Stack Overflow is a question and answer site for professional and enthusiast programmers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

















I'd like to design an accessory for android-powered cellphone.



  • I'd like to use Arduino + USB Host Shield to build a quick prototype, and then design hardware to cost down. The Arduino + USB Host Shield (especially the usb host shield) is too expensive for my project. Is it possible?


    • As mentioned here: Android powered device could act as the host mode and accessory mode, but another document declares:

      "due to the low power output of Android devices, the Android Open Accessory Protocol requires that accessories act as a USB host, which means that the connecting accessory must power the bus."





    Which one is right? Can I make the android-powered device act as USB host? (Mainly to reduce the cost)
    • Compared to USB connection, is there any limitation on bluetooth connection? If I'd like to transfer data (such as GPS location, mic) between my hardware and android-powered device, is this possible? and which is better ?





























Not all Android phones can act as USB host so Android ADK is designed such that the accessory acts as the USB host instead. You can also implement the accessory as USB slave and you can refer to the below website.


http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/connectivity/usb/host.html




















default






.

stackoverflow.comm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...