Sunday, May 19, 2013

[android help] When I load ADT why do I receive the error "The Android SDK requires Android Developer Toolkit version XX.X.X or above?"

eclipse - When I load ADT why do I receive the error "The Android SDK requires Android Developer Toolkit version XX.X.X or above?" - Stack Overflow







Tell me more ×

Stack Overflow is a question and answer site for professional and enthusiast programmers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

















I just updated my Android SDK Tools to version 21.1. Unfortunately this is causing an error when I load the Android Developer Toolkit:



The Android SDK requires Android Developer Toolkit version 21.1.0 or above.


Current version is 21.0.1.2012-12-6-2-58.


Please update ADT to the latest version.



When I upgraded the SDK I was warned that I might need to upgrade ADT. I tried to do so by going to Help > Check for Updates. Unfortunately this returns a message that "No updates were found."


In case I've missed something here's a screenshot of my Android SDK Manager:


Android SDK Manager


Am I missing an install package? Do I need to go about updating ADT (Eclipse) another way? Should I just download a new copy of ADT?





























For some reason ADT (Eclipse) won't pick up on the fact that it does in fact need to be updated. Since the built in tools for updating are failing you you'll have to work around them. On the Help menu instead of selecting Check for Updates instead pick Install New Software (so Help > Install New Software).


On the Available Software screen in the Work With dropdown provide:
https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/eclipse/ if it's not already available. You should see a list of options including Developer Tools. Check everything that you want to update. In the list of checkboxes below uncheck "Contact all update sites during install to find required software."


Install New Software


Click Next and follow the remaining onscreen prompts. You may be warned that instead of an install an update will be performed. This is okay. Once the operation is complete you will no longer receive the "The Android SDK requires Android Developer Toolkit verxion 21.1.0 or above" error when you load ADT.




















default






.

stackoverflow.comm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...