Tuesday, May 14, 2013

[android help] Change TextView inside Fragment

android - Change TextView inside Fragment - Stack Overflow







Tell me more ×

Stack Overflow is a question and answer site for professional and enthusiast programmers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

















I followed this guy's tutorial on how to make an ActionBar. Let's say I want to change the TextView inside one of the fragments. So I added this on my StartActivity.java, under onCreate:



TextView textview = (TextView) findViewById(R.id.textView1);
textview.setText("HI!");


When I start my app, it crashes. Can somebody point me to the right direction?


I hope somebody takes the time to look at the guy's tutorial because his layout is basically the same as mine. Thank you.


























If you want change your component, I suggest you to make a method inside the fragment like this:



import android.os.Bundle;
import android.support.v4.app.Fragment;
import android.view.LayoutInflater;
import android.view.View;
import android.view.ViewGroup;
import android.widget.TextView;

public class DetailFragment extends Fragment {

@Override
public View onCreateView(LayoutInflater inflater, ViewGroup container, Bundle savedInstanceState) {
View view = inflater.inflate(R.layout.details, container, false);
return view;
}


public void setText(String text){
TextView textView = (TextView) getView().findViewById(R.id.detailsText);
textView.setText(text);
}

}






















default






.

stackoverflow.comm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...