Tuesday, October 8, 2013

[General] [Help] Bricked Galaxy S3


[Help] Bricked Galaxy S3



I rooted my phone successfully about 3 weeks ago and installed CyanogenMod 10.1.3 smoothly, no problems here. But I grew tired of it and wanted to go back to my stock android version for the SGH-T999 Galaxy S3. I had created a backup of Touchwiz multiple times while switching from CyanogenMod to stock, but for some reason this time there were no backups, at all! And I did post a thread on this but I didn't really get too much help from it. So I went to SamMobile to get my original firmware for my phone, and yes I got my carrier version so I didn't brick it because I tried to install a different variant. I followed all the instructions and tried to use Odin to flash the ROM but every time I did Odin would give a message saying "MD5 hush value is invalid" So I tried reading up on this on the internet and I thought I found the solution, which I read was remove the .md5 from the file name after you extract it. And I did just that, yes I know it was a stupid move; A FAIL! message came up in red and now my phone only says "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again". Now I've tried multiple times to flash the right file but every freaking time I get "MD5 hush value is invalid" and I'm so frustrated because I don't want to have to ship it to Samsung or take it all the way to T-Mobile. So I ask for any help you can offer because I really need my phone back ASAP!



Read more

forum.xda-developers.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...