Tuesday, September 10, 2013

[General] Help with Google Play Music (or suggestions for wireless syncing with iTunes)


Help with Google Play Music (or suggestions for wireless syncing with iTunes)



As a recent convert from iOS, all of my music is managed via iTunes. Ideally, I'd like to continue using iTunes on my laptop to manage my music. However, an obvious issue is how to get my music on my Android phone (which is an HTC One)?

For the last couple of years, I've had Google Music Manager running on my laptop, but only for purposes of automatically backing up all of my music. After getting the HTC One, I immediately realized how convenient the Play Music app is since it has access to all of my music. However, there's a problem: Apparently, the Google Music Manager only adds music, and does not delete music. As a result, I have a lot of crap stored with Google. But what makes I really don't like is that various playlists have music in them that I don't want there. Sometimes it's a song that I decided I don't like and removed in iTunes, and sometimes it's the same song twice because I must have removed it in iTunes but later added it again. I don't have the patience or the time to sift through thousands of songs in dozens of playlists to fix things in Google. I thought one solution could be to delete the playlist from Google, and then upload it again from iTunes. But after deleting it, I can't seem to get it back on Google. Does anybody have any suggestions for this issue in general?

In the alternative, I was thinking of getting an app that wireless syncs to iTunes. Does anybody have experience with this who can give some recommendations? I downloaded AirDroid, which is awesome, but it doesn't sync (in other words, I can dump music on the phone wirelessly, but don't know how to put playlists on it, nor how I would update the playlists on the HTC One as they are updated in iTunes).

Any thoughts? Thank you!



Read more

forum.xda-developers.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...