Friday, July 12, 2013

[General] HELP! I can't find the backup I made with CWM - everything is gone!


HELP! I can't find the backup I made with CWM - everything is gone!



Hello! So I have an Android LG Optimus Q (through Straight Talk)

Because I wanted a screenshot app and to be able to have more "internal" memory, I rooted my device today and did a couple of other things.

1) I first rooted my device (and therefore installed SuperUser)
3) I installed Terminal Emulator
2) I downloaded CWM
3) I made a back-up (it said Done...)
4) I installed ROM Manager
5) I created (or at least I think so, since I went through all the steps) a second partition in my SD so I could create more "memory" destined to be used by programs.
6) I downloaded Link2SD and moved a couple of things to (I think...) the second partition in the SD

Everything was going ok, even though I wasn't sure if the partition had been created or not because I couldn't find a way to check it... until I went to check my 800 pictures and... they were all gone!!! I decided not to freak out at first because I remembered that I had made a backup directly through CWM... so I tried retrieving it through there... and nothing - nothing found... WTF?!

So I tried checking for the backup through ROM Manager, and... NOTHING!

Please, please, please help!!! I don't know if I have seriously messed something up or what, but there must be a way to at least recover the files... You know, like when you accidentally delete stuff in your camera you can still recover it with a program... is there anything like that? or steps I should follow to recover the backup? Could it have been deleted? but how? =/ I had pictures of my kid there and I just REALLY don't want to count them as lost =/ Help?!



Read more

forum.xda-developers.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...