Thursday, June 13, 2013

[General] Questions about third-party launchers and stock ones


Questions about third-party launchers and stock ones



I got the HTC One last Friday and I'm almost set up like I want.

I've tried Nova and Apex and like them both, I just can't decide which one to buy.

The questions I have about launchers are these:

1.- If I set a launcher as the default one, what happens to the stock one? Will it start in the background at boot and consume battery?
2.- Do I have to delete widgets I have from the stock launcher so they don't update or work in the background before setting a third party launcher as the default with its own widgets?

Perhaps I'm just confused, but I expect that the stock launcher won't start at boot, it's widgets won't work in the background and in general, I wont get any battery consumption from the stock with it widgets if I set another one as the default.

Any info on this one? As an aside, which launcher do you guys recommend between Nova and Apex?

Thanks!



.

forum.xda-developers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...