Thursday, June 13, 2013

[android help] How to show Unicode characters in Android textview?


How to show Unicode characters in Android textview?


How to show Unicode characters in Android textview? - Stack Overflow







Tell me more ×

Stack Overflow is a question and answer site for professional and enthusiast programmers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

















I know this question is asked so many times but none of the accepted answer works for me. I have to fetch facebook friendlist and show it in a listview. To show the friend names, I am using textview. The weird problem is some of the friends wrote their name in their native language in facebook profile so when I am showing them in textview, it just shows some square shaped boxes.Is anybody having idea how to fix this???


EDIT


I checked the Android Facebook Application,in the chat box where online friend names appears there too it shows square boxes instead of the name where as in iOS Facebook it shows the name irrespective of the language.





























What about using such or similar code:



textBox.setText(new String(data, "UTF-8"));


You can manipulate the second parameter. It should work without this though...


//I just saw your edit. So this is a device problem as other said...























This probably means that your device (or the emulator you're using) does not support their native language.




















default






.

stackoverflow.comm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...