Monday, June 10, 2013

[android help] Android - Need help accessing image from shared network


Android - Need help accessing image from shared network


networking - Android - Need help accessing image from shared network - Stack Overflow







Tell me more ×

Stack Overflow is a question and answer site for professional and enthusiast programmers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

















I'm creating an app that loads images from a network. I have internet permission and access network state permission but I get cannot open file error. I'm using the absolute path when specifying the file ie \\192.168.1.100\d\.folder\image.jpg.


Is this possible or is there something else that i need to do first?


























UNC paths (of the form \\\ will NOT work by default on Android: Android does not natively support those sort of references (CIFS). You should either use HTTP and one of the toolkits that provides support for that (like Volley) or look at a library like JCIFS.




















default






.

stackoverflow.comm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...