Friday, May 10, 2013

[General] Memory (I bet you've heard this one before but I can't find it!)


I have a Samsung Stratosphere.

SD Card 7.4 GB
Available 6.87 GB

System Storage 4.0 GB
Available Space 1.67 GB

I'm plagued with "low memory" errors.

I transfer photos/videos reguarly. I delete text messages. I clear caches using the Applications option. I've moved apps to the SD Card (does that work?)

I have a lot of apps for my work. I have thousands of contacts via gmail. I have several calendars.

I'm at a loss. I am not comfortable rooting b/c I don't understand it. I can't figure out how to create more available system storage space. I can't delete contacts.

So here are my specific questions
1. What type of storage should I look for on my next phone? I really prefer a standard keyboard because I have a disability but I can sacrifice that for the right tool I suppose. I know I can get a larger capacity SD Card but that doesn't seem to be the problem.

2. How can I limp along or make do until August with this phone?

Thanks.

Sue



.

forum.xda-developers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...