Saturday, May 11, 2013

[android help] set mediaPlayer Volume dynamically while playing sound


I am having an application in which I am playing a sound with the help of MediaPlayer in a service,which is running properly. But what I want is to set the volume of the sound with the help of seekBar or something dynamically while the sound is being played. The code is as follow:


PlayerActivity:



public void onClick(View src) {
switch (src.getId()) {
case R.id.buttonStart:
Log.d(TAG, "onClick: starting srvice");

startService(new Intent(this, MyService.class));
break;
case R.id.buttonStop:
Log.d(TAG, "onClick: stopping srvice");

stopService(new Intent(this, MyService.class));
break;
}
}


MyService.java



@Override
public void onCreate() {
player = MediaPlayer.create(this, R.raw.sound);
player.setLooping(false); // Set looping
}

@Override
public void onDestroy() {
player.stop();

}

@Override
public void onStart(Intent intent, int startid) {
player.start();
}


How would I set a seekbar and set the volume of sound while it is playing. Thanks.



.

stackoverflow.comm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...