Wednesday, June 26, 2013

[android help] Regex to remove track number from song name?


Regex to remove track number from song name?



I have a ListView that display song names and artists. Sometimes, the song names contain the track number and a separator with some in this format



13 - J. Cole - Best Friend


and others like this



13 - Beautiful People


After some digging around I found that the best way to go about this is to define a regex pattern that will remove any unnecessary characters in the string. Cool. I've looked at other SO questions on a similar topic here and a couple blog posts but still no luck.


This my first time dealing with regular expressions and I find it quite useful, just trying to wrap my head around coming up with efficient/useful patterns.


Here's what I need to remove from the string if it is a match



The track number
The "-" or whatever separator character that follows it
The artist name and the "-" that follows that(Each artist name is listed below the song, so it would be redundant)


Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as usual guys, thanks!


Edit: The same output that I would like is something like this, with just the song names. No track numbers, and if applicable; no artist names following the "-"



Beautiful People
Angel of Mine
Human Nature


.

stackoverflow.comm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...