Friday, May 17, 2013

[General] HTML over ActiveSync - JB 4.2.2 vs iOS 6


Hi guys,

My first post on the forums after having been an avid consumer for so long.

Unfortunately I have a quibble to begin with that involves one of my most used functions on a smartphone - Corporate Email. I have been using iOS based devices for ActiveSync based email for years and have always been impressed with OOTB HTML support. What I fail to understand is why in 2013 with Jelly Bean 4.2.2, can we not have a similar experience on our Android devices?

I have attached a side-by-side comparison of how a HTML table is represented in iOS 6, vs how it is represented in the mail client on Jelly Bean 4.2.2. This is Exchange 2010 btw and I built this server myself for my company. So if there is anything I need to do at the backend to make this work, I can affect those changes.

I have read post after post about 'try TouchDown'...'try K-9'... and many many justifications as to why the Android support is better regardless. To be honest, I don't want an alternative app to replace what comes with Android natively. I love my Android experience and this is the final bastion before I would relinquish my grip from the iOS realm.

If anyone can provide a technical insight to why Google have progressed this far without proper functionality, or maybe a hack to make this work, I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks in advance and I love your work!



.

forum.xda-developers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...