Thursday, April 4, 2013

My experience with ARCHOS and the 101xs (BAD EXPERIENCE)



Thumbs downMy experience with ARCHOS and the 101xs (BAD EXPERIENCE)




On the 3rd of June 2012 I bought an Archos 80 G9 tablet, I was happy with it, it worked fine, until December 2012. Suddenly I could not charge it any more, if I connected it to try to charge it switched off. So I contacted ARCHOS repair service and I sent my tablet to ARCHOS. After almost 2 months waiting for a replacement, they upgraded my old tablet with a brand new ARCHOS 101 xs. I was a little fed up because I was waiting almost 2 months for a replacement but, well, I thought, let's give ARCHOS an opportunity.

Guess what. The brand new ARCHOS 101 xs was faulty as well. Without touching the screen the borders are active, it goes back or opens the menu on the clock side without touching it, if you are watching a video the menu appears without touching it. I tried whatever I could: I tried not to touch the keyboard connection (thinking I could short-circuit the tablet), I rotated it because maybe it was a problem with some corners, I upgraded to 4.1 and to 4.1.2 and also I downgraded to 4.0.26, I recalibrated the screen from Android menu, I recalibrated the screen from Archos recovery menu, I reset android and I reinstalled android.

I wrote ARCHOS replacement and they asked me to send it again. GREAT

I received the replacement (second replacement, third faulty Archos tablet), apparently a brand new Archos 101 XS(PC123902679), I say apparently because it fails again. What a coincidence, don't you think?

I recalibrate the screen a dozen of time, and blah blah blah...

Now I've recorded some videos showing the behaviour of the screen without touching it but I cannot added them because I'm a new user on XDA.

The same day I received the tablet I called archos (didn't work) and I wrote to rma-europe@archos.com and to rma-uk@archos.com, after 12 days they don't response to me. What do you think? What should I do? I'm waiting for a solution since January, first time I sent the tablet to RMA.


.

forums.androidcentral.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...