Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Bunch of questions


Hello

I'm sorry to ask all those questions in a single post, but I would otherwise have had to post in several forums. I'll be grateful if you can answer even some of those questions.

I'm very happy with my Samsung Google Nexus, but there are things I need:

1. Ad blocker: For web browsing, I generally use Dolphin, and use Chrome when I need to start an incognito tab. Are there ad blockers for those browsers to avoid those heavy web pages?

2. Since 3G uses more battery, is there a way to tell Android to switch back to 2G automatically after Xmn of no web browsing (2G seems good enough for the few times I use GPS)?

3. I'd like to have the following shortcuts on the screen:
- Switch to 3G or 2G
- Enable/disable Airplane mode
- Enable/disable wifi

I currently use the "" application, but as the name implies, it only handles the first item.

4. Is it possible to change my MAC address as a work-around to those pesty public access points that limit users to 20mn? There are several utilies for Windows that do this, but is there one for Android?

5. Is there a way to tell Android to go through a proxy when browsing in 3G? The application only works for wifi

6. Is there a way for the phone to vibrate when receiving text messages?

7. Can the ring volume rise or go down depending on the surrounding noise? When on the street, I often miss calls because I can't hear the phone even with its volume pumped up to the maximum... which I must remember to lower back to a reasonable level when going back inside.

8. When using my phone as a GPS receiver while biking around on week-ends, I'd like to switch off data mode to save battery: Does GPS require a data connection, or can it work offline?

9. I generally find Android's default calendar nice to use, but there are a couple of things that bother me:

- it can't be squeezed vertically, wasting a lot of screen real estate, and making it possible to see appointments below a certain hour: Is there a way to squeeze/inflate the calendar through multi-touching? 's a screenshot.

- it always displays a "Attending?" question, even though I don't use a shared calendar (I do attend my own appointments): Can this section be removed? 's a screenshot.

Thanks for any help.



.

forum.xda-developers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Voice on T-Mobile? [General]

Google Voice on T-Mobile? So I recently switched from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X DE on T-Mobile. I had always used Google Voice for my v...